Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates drawbench to draw metal rods into specified shape and diameter: Positions and secures specified die in diehead, using handtools.
- 2) Moves levers to set drawing speed according to type and size of material drawn.
- 3) Inserts pointed end of rod through die and into holding jaws on dolly.
- 4) Moves control to pull rod through die.
- 5) Examines surface of finished workpiece for defects, such as pits and scratches.
- 6) Measures rod to verify conformance to specifications, using template and rule.
- 7) Replaces worn dies when rod varies from specifications, using handtools.
- 8) May coat workpiece with lubricant, or engage automatic lubricating mechanism to facilitate drawing.
- 9) May actuate shearing mechanism to cut rods to specified length.
- 10) May be specified by employer according to experience with particular type or trade name of machine, or by type of material drawn.
Is being a "DRAW-BENCH OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DRAW-BENCH OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DRAW-BENCH OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DRAW-BENCH OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3129