Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates sewing machine to join precut pieces of material to form finished draperies: Folds edges of material by hand and guides them under machine needle to form hems.
- 2) Determines number of pleats required, according to width of finished drapery.
- 3) Gathers pleats by hand and guides material under machine needle to tack pleats.
- 4) May measure and cut material according to specifications, using rule and scissors.
- 5) Performs duties as described under SEWING-MACHINE OPERATOR, REGULAR EQUIPMENT Master Title.
Is being a "DRAPERY OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DRAPERY OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DRAPERY OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DRAPERY OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3125