Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans, designs, and coordinates construction of drainage systems in irrigation district, based on knowledge of soils, slope of land, and availability and economic use of existing drainage canals: Requests engineering surveys and soil tests to determine surface profile, types of soil, and characteristics such as salinity, water table, and areas of subnormal crop growth.
- 2) Studies data and sketches scale drawing of tile and open ditch drains for area, using triangles, scales, dividers, and other drawing instruments.
- 3) Indicates depth, spacing, and size of tiling for crop area leading to district drainage canals.
- 4) Considers drainage cost to improve fertility, at least cost to farmer and district.
- 5) Recommends deepening of drainage canals when field elevation prevents gravity flow, or provides for installation of sumps and electric pumps to drain low areas.
- 6) Arranges for sale to farmers of district approved drainage materials, such as concrete wells and pipes.
- 7) Determines need for securing easements and right-of-way deeds for district drainage structures.
- 8) Inspects completed systems to determine that installation conforms to plan.
Is being a "DRAINAGE-DESIGN COORDINATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DRAINAGE-DESIGN COORDINATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DRAINAGE-DESIGN COORDINATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DRAINAGE-DESIGN COORDINATOR"
Job Number: 3118