Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Drafts detailed construction drawings, topographical profiles, and related maps and specifications used in planning and construction of civil engineering projects, such as highways, river and harbor improvements, flood control, and drainage: Reviews rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from CIVIL ENGINEER.
- 2) Plots maps and charts showing profiles and cross-sections, indicating relation of topographical contours and elevations to buildings, retaining walls, tunnels, overhead power lines, and other structures.
- 3) Drafts detailed drawings of structures and installations, such as roads, culverts, fresh water supply, sewage disposal systems, dikes, wharfs, and breakwaters.
- 4) Computes volume of tonnage of excavations and fills and prepares graphs and hauling diagrams used in earthmoving operations.
- 5) Performs other duties as described under DRAFTER Master Title.
- 6) May accompany survey crew in field to locate grading markers or to collect data required for revision of construction drawings.
- 7) May specialize in drafting and modifying topographical maps from surveying notes and aerial photographs and be designated Drafter, Topographical.
- 8) May use computer-assisted drafting equipment and software and be designated Drafter, Civil.
Is being a "DRAFTER, CIVIL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DRAFTER, CIVIL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DRAFTER, CIVIL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DRAFTER, CIVIL"
Job Number: 3100