"DRAFTER, AUTOMOTIVE DESIGN"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Designs and drafts working layouts and master drawings of automotive vehicle components, assemblies, and systems from specifications, sketches, models, prototype or verbal instructions, applying knowledge of automotive vehicle design, engineering principles, manufacturing processes and limitations, and conventional and computer drafting techniques and procedures, using drafting instruments and computerized work aids: Analyzes specifications, sketches, engineering drawings, ideas and related design data to determine critical factors affecting design of components based on knowledge of previous designs and manufacturing processes and limitations.
- 2) Draws rough sketches and performs mathematical computations to develop design and work out detailed specifications of components.
- 3) Applies knowledge of mathematical formulas and physical laws and uses conventional and computerized work aids to make calculations.
- 4) Performs preliminary and advanced work in development of working layouts and final master drawings adequate for detailing parts and units of design.
- 5) Makes revisions to size, shape and arrangement of parts to create practical design.
- 6) Confers with AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEER and others on staff to resolve design problems.
- 7) Specializes in design of specific type of body or chassis components, assemblies or systems, such as door panels, chassis frame and supports, or braking system.
Is being a "DRAFTER, AUTOMOTIVE DESIGN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DRAFTER, AUTOMOTIVE DESIGN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DRAFTER, AUTOMOTIVE DESIGN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DRAFTER, AUTOMOTIVE DESIGN"
Job Number: 3095