Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates machine to shape dowel-rod from squared stock: Selects and installs cutting head, and adjusts knives, guides, and feed rolls, according to size and finish of dowel-rod to be cut.
- 2) Verifies distances of settings and size of stock, using calipers and micrometers.
- 3) Starts machine and inserts stock between feed rolls that force stock through cutting head.
- 4) May install cutting heads that cut spirals or longitudinal grooves while rounding stock.
- 5) May specialize in rounding stock for tool handles and be designated Handle-Rounder Operator.
Is being a "DOWEL-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DOWEL-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DOWEL-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DOWEL-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3090