Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends processing equipment that separates organic colloidal matter from carbonated raw sugar beet liquor, and purifies liquor prior to refining into granulated sugar: Opens valves and starts pump to fill settling tank with liquor and adds specified amounts of lime or milk of lime solution.
- 2) Sets controls to maintain specified temperature of lime-liquor solution to aid in precipitation process.
- 3) Takes sample of liquor from tank and tests for purity, using refractometer.
- 4) Opens valves and pumps liquor to process storage tanks and lime sludge to filter station.
- 5) Washes remaining sludge from bottom of settling tank.
- 6) Records data, such as amount of liquor processed and refractometer readings on batches, in station log.
Is being a "DORR OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DORR OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DORR OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DORR OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3074