Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Combs, clips, trims, and shapes dogs' coats to groom dogs, using knowledge of canine characteristics and grooming techniques and styles: Reads written or receives oral instructions to determine clipping pattern desired.
- 2) Places dog on grooming table and fits grooming collar on dog to hold animal to table.
- 3) Studies proportions of dog to determine most appropriate cutting pattern to achieve desired style.
- 4) Clips dog's hair according to determined pattern, using electric clippers, comb, and barber's shears.
- 5) Combs and shapes dog's coat.
- 6) Talks to dog or uses other techniques to calm animal.
Is being a "DOG GROOMER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DOG GROOMER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DOG GROOMER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DOG GROOMER"
Job Number: 3062