Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Captures and impounds unlicensed, stray, and uncontrolled animals: Snares animal with net, rope, or device.
- 2) Cages or secures animal in truck.
- 3) Drives truck to shelter.
- 4) Removes animal from truck to shelter cage or other enclosure.
- 5) Supplies food, water, and personal care to detained animals.
- 6) Investigates complaints of animal bite cases.
- 7) Destroys rabid animals as directed.
- 8) Examines dog licenses for validity and issues warnings or summonses to delinquent owners.
- 9) May destroy unclaimed animals, using gun, or by gas or electrocution.
- 10) May examine captured animals for injuries and deliver injured animals to VETERINARIAN for medical treatment.
- 11) May maintain file of number of animals impounded and disposition of each.
- 12) May enforce regulations concerning treatment of domestic animals and be designated Humane Officer.
Is being a "DOG CATCHER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DOG CATCHER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DOG CATCHER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DOG CATCHER"
Job Number: 3061