Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in preparing shipping documents and related reports and in classifying and rating cargo according to established tariff rates: Reviews ships' schedules and booking records to plan and schedule work activities.
- 2) Assigns rating activities to workers and reviews ratings to ensure that cargo has been classified in accordance with established tariff rates.
- 3) Verifies codes assigned shippers against bills of lading and assigns codes to new accounts.
- 4) Assigns documentation activities to workers, such as preparing dock receipts, bills of lading, and manifests, and compiling tonnage, demurrage, and storage reports.
- 5) Examines reports and documents for completeness and accuracy and gives instructions to workers regarding corrections.
- 6) Issues bills of lading to shippers upon verification of documents.
- 7) Confers with other supervisory personnel and shippers' representatives to clarify problems and resolve complaints.
- 8) May supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in passenger baggage handling.
- 9) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
Is being a "DOCUMENTATION SUPERVISOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DOCUMENTATION SUPERVISOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DOCUMENTATION SUPERVISOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DOCUMENTATION SUPERVISOR"
Job Number: 3057