Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Compiles and types transportation billing documents listing details of freight shipped by carrier: Types information on manifest, such as name of shipper, weight, destination, and charges from bills of lading and shipper's declaration.
- 2) Computes totals of document items, using adding machine.
- 3) Compares figures and totals on documents with statement of accounts submitted by accounting department to verify accuracy of documents.
- 4) Notifies CARGO CHECKER to examine shipment when discrepancies are found.
- 5) Resolves discrepancies on accounting records or manifest.
- 6) May prepare manifest, using billing machine.
- 7) May notify shipper's agent of consular visa and official stamps required and attach stamps to documents when presented by agent.
- 8) May be designated by type of document prepared as Manifest Clerk; Waybill Clerk.
Is being a "DOCUMENTATION-BILLING CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DOCUMENTATION-BILLING CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DOCUMENTATION-BILLING CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DOCUMENTATION-BILLING CLERK"
Job Number: 3058