Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Restores and preserves documents for libraries, archives, and private and public historical societies: Cleans document, using cleaning compounds to remove dirt and stains, and removes foreign matter, such as rusted clips, pins, rotted bands, and adhesives.
- 2) Tests document to determine if ink is fast, and to what extent map colors will fade.
- 3) Immerses document in deacidification baths to remove acidity from paper and ink.
- 4) Places document on rack to dry.
- 5) Reinspects document for presence of foreign matter.
- 6) Dampens document, places it between absorbent boards, and places boards in screw press to evenly distribute moisture content in document, and flatten all wrinkles and creases.
- 7) Seals document in cellulose acetate film and places document in laminating machine to be laminated.
- 8) Removes document and hones, presses, and trims it to specified size.
- 9) Places document in cover, folder, or binder.
Is being a "DOCUMENT RESTORER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DOCUMENT RESTORER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DOCUMENT RESTORER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DOCUMENT RESTORER"
Job Number: 3055