Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in drydocking, painting, cleaning, and repairing vessels: Analyzes vessel's blueprints and specifications to determine size, shape, and number of keel and bilge blocks required to support vessel.
- 2) Directs DOCK HAND in assembling, positioning, and securing blocks to floating drydock platform, marine railway, or floor of graving dock.
- 3) Sights reference points for positioning vessel over blocks, using transit, and directs DOCK HAND in aligning of vessel over blocks.
- 4) Directs workers in pumping operations to raise vessel and in positioning, flooding, and pumping caisson in graving dock.
- 5) Directs workers engaged in cleaning and maintenance of vessel.
- 6) Oversees flooding operations and removal of vessels from drydock.
- 7) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
- 8) May supervise SHIPWRIGHT and be designated Shipwright Supervisor.
Is being a "DOCK SUPERVISOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DOCK SUPERVISOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DOCK SUPERVISOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DOCK SUPERVISOR"
Job Number: 3052