Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans and outlines changes in power distribution facilities to overcome unsatisfactory conditions, such as overloaded or underloaded circuits, and to provide for new or anticipated load increases: Reviews complaints and reports of load requirements for area under question to determine nature of adjustment to be made.
- 2) Makes field surveys or studies maps showing relays, line intersections, overhead and underground connections, feeder lines, and other component elements of power system area under observation to ascertain where changes can be made.
- 3) Makes calculations, following standardized procedures, to determine amount and type of replacing, switching, or other system revisions necessary to improve service.
- 4) Recommends installation of additional facilities if changes within existing system cannot meet increased load.
- 5) Makes notes and sketches of proposed changes and refers sketch to DRAFTER, CARTOGRAPHIC for detailed work drawings.
- 6) May investigate low voltage complaints by visiting area and determining if excessive load or power leakage causes defect.
Is being a "DISTRIBUTION-FIELD ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DISTRIBUTION-FIELD ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DISTRIBUTION-FIELD ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DISTRIBUTION-FIELD ENGINEER"
Job Number: 3036