Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates batch or continuous still to separate intermediate products or impurities from coal tar compounds: Charges still and starts flow of coal tar compound through still units.
- 2) Turns control valves and observes recording instruments and gauges to attain temperatures, material flow rate, pressure, or vacuum specified for distillation of designated product.
- 3) May compute variances between laboratory analysis and product specifications, using prescribed formula to determine temperature and flow-rate adjustments.
- 4) May observe gauges or use measuring rod to verify quantities of chemical materials in feed and hold tanks of still unit.
- 5) May direct activities of helpers.
- 6) May be designated according to product distilled as Naphthalene-Still Operator; Tar-Heater Operator.
Is being a "DISTILLATION OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DISTILLATION OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DISTILLATION OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DISTILLATION OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3026