Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls equipment that dissolves and precipitates chemicals used in manufacturing chemical products, such as butadiene and styrene: Pumps chemical solutions through premeasuring tanks, dissolver tanks, and precipitator tanks, observes thermometers, and turns valves to maintain temperature in tanks within specified limits to dissolve and precipitate solutions.
- 2) Starts tank agitator to mix solution for prescribed time.
- 3) Titrates sample of solution and inserts hydrometer to determine acidity and specific gravity of product.
- 4) Observes flowmeters and turns valves to regulate flow of ingredients through tanks to alter concentration and produce product meeting specified standard.
- 5) Pumps or drains remaining solutions from precipitate and turns valves to transfer product for further processing, shipment, or storage.
- 6) When controlling precipitator tanks only, may be designated Precipitator Operator.
- 7) When dumping caustic soda cake into dissolving tanks and controlling tanks to produce solution of specified concentration, may be designated Bottom-Liquor Attendant.
Is being a "DISSOLVER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DISSOLVER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DISSOLVER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DISSOLVER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3025