Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Dispatches tugboats to guide ships entering or leaving port and to tow barges and log rafts: Receives written or oral customer request for services.
- 2) Determines equipment required, such as tugs, barges, or derricks according to size, location and work performed.
- 3) Selects tugboat captain from roster and notifies captain of order requirements, using radiotelephone.
- 4) Obtains ship berthing and bunkering permits from port authorities.
- 5) Reviews weather data and navigation charts and estimates time required to perform requested services.
- 6) Maintains records and prepares bills for services.
- 7) May notify captain of tugboat by radiotelephone of order changes.
- 8) May dispatch work crews to tugboats in response to emergency requests from captain.
Is being a "DISPATCHER, TUGBOAT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DISPATCHER, TUGBOAT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DISPATCHER, TUGBOAT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DISPATCHER, TUGBOAT"
Job Number: 3019