"DISPATCHER, TRAFFIC OR SYSTEM"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Dispatches workers and equipment to prevent or rectify service disruptions of local transit system, using radiophone equipment: Receives reports of actual or anticipated disruptions and determines action required to rectify condition.
- 2) Issues instructions to workers for maintenance and repair of roadway and structures.
- 3) Coordinates movement of workers and equipment throughout system, using telephone communications system.
- 4) Listens to radio traffic reports to alert TRAFFIC INSPECTOR of conditions affecting schedules.
- 5) Records service disruptions, time, and action taken.
- 6) May supervise activities of maintenance crews.
Is being a "DISPATCHER, TRAFFIC OR SYSTEM" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DISPATCHER, TRAFFIC OR SYSTEM" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DISPATCHER, TRAFFIC OR SYSTEM"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DISPATCHER, TRAFFIC OR SYSTEM"
Job Number: 3018