"DISPATCHER, SHIP PILOT"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Dispatches PILOT, SHIP to ships entering or leaving port: Writes order showing name of ship, berth, tugboat company, and time of arrival or departure, and notifies PILOT, SHIP and pilot boat operator of assignment.
- 2) Obtains receipt of pilotage from pilot upon return from ship.
- 3) Records charges on receipt, using tariff book as guide.
- 4) Compiles reports of activities, such as number of ships piloted and charges made.
- 5) Keeps records of ships entering port, showing owner, name of ship, displacement tonnage, agent, and country of registration.
- 6) May be required to possess radiotelephone operator's license issued by Federal Communications Commission, and operate radar to fix position and speed of ships entering and leaving port.
Is being a "DISPATCHER, SHIP PILOT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DISPATCHER, SHIP PILOT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DISPATCHER, SHIP PILOT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DISPATCHER, SHIP PILOT"
Job Number: 3016