Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Dispatches customer service workers to install, service, and repair electric, gas, or steam powered systems or appliances, or cable television systems: Reviews work orders from departments or complaints from customers and records type and scope of service to be performed.
- 2) Determines and schedules orders according to urgency.
- 3) Contacts supply storekeeper to verify availability of parts and equipment to ensure scheduled work performance.
- 4) Receives check in calls from service workers by radio, telephone, or in person.
- 5) Informs workers of type and location of work to be performed and dispatches workers to job.
- 6) Keeps records of repairs, installation, removal of equipment or appliances, and hours required on each job.
- 7) May maintain records, using computer terminal.
- 8) May be designated according to utility as Telegraphic-Service Dispatcher.
Is being a "DISPATCHER, SERVICE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DISPATCHER, SERVICE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DISPATCHER, SERVICE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DISPATCHER, SERVICE"
Job Number: 3013