Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Receives complaints from public concerning crimes and police emergencies, broadcasts orders to police radio patrol units in vicinity to investigate complaint, and relays instructions or questions from remote units.
- 2) Records calls broadcast and complaints received.
- 3) In some municipalities coordinates all police, fire, ambulance, and other emergency requests, relaying instructions to radio unit concerned.
- 4) May make operating adjustments to transmitting equipment where station is not automatic and be required to hold federal license.
- 5) May transmit and receive messages between divisions of own agency and other law enforcement agencies.
- 6) May monitor silent alarm system to detect illegal entry into business establishments.
- 7) May contact POLICE OFFICERS I and GUARDS, SCHOOL-CROSSING to verify assignment locations.
Is being a "DISPATCHER, RADIO" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DISPATCHER, RADIO" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DISPATCHER, RADIO"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DISPATCHER, RADIO"
Job Number: 3009