"DISPATCHER, MOTOR VEHICLE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assigns motor vehicles and drivers for conveyance of freight or passengers: Compiles list of available vehicles.
- 2) Assigns vehicles according to factors, such as length and purpose of trip, freight or passenger requirements, and preference of user.
- 3) Issues keys, record sheets, and credentials to drivers.
- 4) Records time of departure, destination, cargo, and expected time of return.
- 5) Investigates overdue vehicles.
- 6) Directs activities of drivers, using two-way radio.
- 7) May confer with customers to expedite or locate missing, misrouted, delayed, or damaged merchandise.
- 8) May maintain record of mileage, fuel used, repairs made, and other expenses.
- 9) May establish service or delivery routes.
- 10) May issue equipment to drivers, such as handtrucks, dollies, and blankets.
- 11) May assign helpers to drivers.
- 12) May be designated according to type of motor vehicle dispatched as Dispatcher, Automobile Rental; Dispatcher, Tow Truck.
Is being a "DISPATCHER, MOTOR VEHICLE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DISPATCHER, MOTOR VEHICLE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DISPATCHER, MOTOR VEHICLE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DISPATCHER, MOTOR VEHICLE"
Job Number: 3006