"DISPATCHER, BUS AND TROLLEY"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of operators of buses, transit coaches, and trolleys in city or urban transportation system to convey passengers according to schedule: Records movement and location of vehicles and road crews to inform other departments or public regarding current schedules and routes.
- 2) Receives telephone or radio reports of accidents, delays, fires, equipment breakdowns, and other operating or maintenance difficulties.
- 3) Reports difficulties and dispatches orders to other divisions to maintain or restore service and schedules.
- 4) Dispatches extra vehicles and emergency crews to scene of accident or breakdown, advising them of location of trouble and proximity of feeder lines and power circuits.
- 5) Maintains log of scheduled runs, numbers of vehicles, and names of drivers.
- 6) Records calls and emergencies.
- 7) Makes report of all accidents.
- 8) May suspend or call in operators for infractions of operating regulations.
Is being a "DISPATCHER, BUS AND TROLLEY" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DISPATCHER, BUS AND TROLLEY" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DISPATCHER, BUS AND TROLLEY"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DISPATCHER, BUS AND TROLLEY"
Job Number: 3001