Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans and directs audio and video aspects of television programs, based on program specifications and knowledge of television programming techniques: Interprets script, rehearses cast, and establishes pace of program to stay within time requirements.
- 2) Informs technicians of scenery, lights, props, and other equipment desired.
- 3) Approves scenery, costumes, choreography, and music.
- 4) Issues instructions to technicians from control room during telecast to keep them informed of effects desired, such as dissolves, long shots, medium shots, superimpositions, fade-ins, and fade-outs.
- 5) May move controls to integrate material from multisite origins into live program.
- 6) May direct news and special events programs.
- 7) May direct program for live broadcast or for electronic video recording.
- 8) May direct nonbroadcast television presentation, such as program for sales, medical, educational, or industrial purposes.
- 9) May direct commercials.
- 10) May operate viewing/editing equipment to review and edit program tapes, using personal knowledge of television programming and editing techniques.
- 11) May key information into computer, using keyboard, to compile letters, memos, and other program material, such as scripts and notes.
- 12) May be designated Producer-Director in small station.
Is being a "DIRECTOR, TELEVISION" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DIRECTOR, TELEVISION" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DIRECTOR, TELEVISION"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DIRECTOR, TELEVISION"
Job Number: 2981