"DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans, directs, and coordinates motion picture filming: Confers with DIRECTOR, MOTION PICTURE regarding interpretation of scene and desired effects.
- 2) Observes set or location and reviews drawings and other information relating to natural or artificial conditions to determine filming and lighting requirements.
- 3) Reads charts and computes ratios to determine required lighting, film, shutter angles, filter factors, camera distance, depth of field and focus, angles of view, and other variables to produce desired effects.
- 4) Confers with ELECTRICIAN, CHIEF to establish lighting requirements.
- 5) Selects cameras, accessories, equipment, and film stock, utilizing knowledge of filming techniques, filming requirements, and computations.
- 6) Instructs camera operators regarding camera setup, angles, distances, movement, and other variables and signals cues for starting and stopping filming.
- 7) Surveys set or location for potential problems, observes effects of lighting, measures lighting levels, and coordinates necessary changes prior to filming.
- 8) Views film after processing and makes adjustments, as necessary, to achieve desired effects.
- 9) May direct television productions which utilize electronic cameras.
- 10) May specialize in special effects and be designated Director Of Photography, Special Effects.
Is being a "DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY"
Job Number: 2941