Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Administers affairs of museum, zoo, or similar establishment: Confers with institution's board of directors to formulate policies and plan overall operations.
- 2) Directs acquisition, education, research, public service, and development activities of institution, consulting with curatorial, administrative, and maintenance staff members to implement policies and initiate programs.
- 3) Works with members of curatorial and administrative staffs to acquire additions to collections.
- 4) Confers with administrative staff members to determine budget requirements, plan fund raising drives, prepare applications for grants from government agencies or private foundations, and solicit financial support for institution.
- 5) Establishes and maintains contact with administrators of other institutions to exchange information concerning operations and plan, coordinate, or consolidate community service and education programs.
- 6) Represents institution at professional and civic social events, conventions, and other gatherings to strengthen relationships with cultural and civic leaders, present lectures or participate in seminars, or explain institution's functions and seek financial support for projects.
- 7) Reviews materials prepared by staff members, such as articles for journals, requests for grants, and reports on institution programs, and approves materials or suggests changes.
- 8) Instructs classes in institution's education program or as guest lecturer at university.
- 9) Writes articles for technical journals or other publications.
Is being a "DIRECTOR, MUSEUM-OR-ZOO" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DIRECTOR, MUSEUM-OR-ZOO" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DIRECTOR, MUSEUM-OR-ZOO"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DIRECTOR, MUSEUM-OR-ZOO"
Job Number: 2964