"DIRECTOR, MOTION PICTURE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Reads and interprets script, conducts rehearsals, and directs activities of cast and technical crew for motion picture film: Confers with ART DIRECTOR to ensure that music, sets, scenic effects, and costumes conform to script interpretation.
- 2) Confers with DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY to explain details of scene to be photographed and to consider utilization of miniatures, stock film, inserts, transparencies, backgrounds, or trick shots.
- 3) Schedules sequences of scenes to be filmed for each day of shooting, grouping scenes together according to set and cast of characters.
- 4) Rehearses cast and suggests changes, using knowledge of acting, voice, and movement to elicit best possible performance.
- 5) Informs technicians of scenery, lights, props, and other equipment desired.
- 6) Approves scenery, costumes, choreography, and music.
- 7) Directs cast, DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY, and other technicians during rehearsals and final filming.
- 8) May audition and select cast.
- 9) May cut and edit film.
- 10) May direct film on set in studio or on location.
- 11) May direct film for television.
Is being a "DIRECTOR, MOTION PICTURE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DIRECTOR, MOTION PICTURE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DIRECTOR, MOTION PICTURE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DIRECTOR, MOTION PICTURE"
Job Number: 2963