"DIRECTOR, FUNDS DEVELOPMENT"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates ongoing and special project funding programs for museum, zoo, public broadcasting station, or similar institution: Prepares statement of planned activities and enlists support from members of institution staff and volunteer organizations.
- 2) Develops public relations materials to enhance institution image and promote fund raising program.
- 3) Identifies potential contributors to special project funds and supporters of institution ongoing operations through examination of past records, individual and corporate contracts, and knowledge of community.
- 4) Plans and coordinates fund drives for special projects.
- 5) Assigns responsibilities for personal solicitation to members of staff, volunteer organizations, and governing body according to special interests or capabilities.
- 6) Organizes direct mail campaign to reach other potential contributors.
- 7) Plans and coordinates benefit events, such as banquets, balls, or auctions.
- 8) Organizes solicitation drives for pledges of ongoing support from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- 9) Informs potential contributors of special needs of institution, and encourages individuals, corporations, and foundations to establish or contribute to special funds through endowments, trusts, donations of gifts-in-kind, or bequests, conferring with attorneys to establish methods of transferring funds to benefit both donors and institution.
- 10) Researches public and private grant agencies and foundations to identify other sources of funding for research, community service, or other projects.
- 11) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in maintaining records of contributors and grants and preparing letters of appreciation to be sent to contributors.
- 12) May purchase mailing list of potential donors.
- 13) May negotiate agreements with representatives of other organizations for exchange of mailing lists, information, and cooperative programs.
Is being a "DIRECTOR, FUNDS DEVELOPMENT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DIRECTOR, FUNDS DEVELOPMENT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DIRECTOR, FUNDS DEVELOPMENT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DIRECTOR, FUNDS DEVELOPMENT"
Job Number: 2959