Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans, develops, and administers educational program of museum, zoo, or similar institution: Confers with administrative personnel to decide scope of program to be offered.
- 2) Prepares schedules of classes and rough drafts of course content to determine number and background of instructors needed.
- 3) Interviews, hires, trains, and evaluates work performance of education department staff.
- 4) Contacts and arranges for services of guest lecturers from academic institutions, industry, and other establishments to augment education staff members in presentation of classes.
- 5) Assists instructors in preparation of course descriptions and informational materials for publicity or distribution to class members.
- 6) Prepares budget for education programs and directs maintenance of records of expenditures, receipts, and public and school participation in programs.
- 7) Works with other staff members to plan and present lecture series, film programs, field trips, and other special activities.
- 9) May speak before school and community groups and appear on radio or television to promote institution programs.
- 10) May coordinate institution educational activities with those of other area organizations to maximize utilization of resources.
- 11) May train establishment volunteers to assist in presentation of classes or tours.
- 12) May develop and submit program and activity grant proposals and applications and implement programs funded as result of successful applications.
Is being a "DIRECTOR, EDUCATION" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DIRECTOR, EDUCATION" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DIRECTOR, EDUCATION"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DIRECTOR, EDUCATION"
Job Number: 2952