Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls dinkey engine powered by electric, gasoline, steam, compressed air, or diesel engine to transport and shunt cars at industrial establishment or mine: Controls movement of dinkey that transports coal, rock, timber, slag, or supplies by moving power controls and brake levers.
- 2) Signals BRAKE HOLDER by hand or whistle to couple cars.
- 3) Positions cars for loading or unloading according to signals of DUMPER.
- 4) Inspects engine at beginning and end of shift.
- 5) May move levers to open or tilt cars to dump materials.
- 6) May throw switches and couple cars.
- 7) May fuel and lubricate engine.
- 8) May inspect track for defects and assist in repairing track and installing additional rails and ties.
- 9) May be designated according to kind of power used as Dinkey Operator, Compressed Air; according to work area as Dinkey Operator, Mine; or material hauled as Dinkey Operator, Slag; Dinkey Operator, Slate.
- 10) May operate flatcar equipped with derrick and be designated Derrick-Car Operator.
- 11) May operate railcar to transport personnel and equipment in area of logging camp and be designated Rail-Car Operator.
Is being a "DINKEY OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DINKEY OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DINKEY OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DINKEY OPERATOR"
Job Number: 2923