Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates battery of stationary or rotary steam digesters to cook wood chips with soda ash or acid to make pulp for use in manufacture of paper and insulation board: Signals DIGESTER-OPERATOR HELPER to charge digesters with specified amounts of chips and chemicals.
- 2) Turns valves or moves panel controls to admit steam into digesters, to raise temperature and pressure within specified limits, and to start rotary digesters.
- 3) Monitors temperature, flow, and pressure gauges and charts to ensure that chips are cooked according to specifications.
- 4) Tests samples of digester liquid by titration or standard color chart to determine completion of cooking process.
- 5) Opens valves of stationary digester to blow cooked pulp into pit, or pulls lever to tip rotary digester and dump contents.
- 6) Compiles production records.
- 7) May be designated according to process as Cooker, Soda; Cooker, Sulfate; Cooker, Sulfite.
Is being a "DIGESTER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DIGESTER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DIGESTER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DIGESTER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 2916