Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Lays out, machines, and finishes impression cavities in die blocks to produce forging dies, following blueprints and applying knowledge of diesinking: Analyzes blueprint of part or die and plans sequence of operations.
- 2) Measures and marks die block to lay out designs of cavities.
- 3) Sets up and operates variety of machine tools, such as shaper, vertical turret lathe, and engine lathe to machine cavities in die block.
- 4) May make and inspect sample lead or plaster cast of part to verify fit of die members and basic shape of part.
- 5) May repair forging dies and be designated Die Repairer, Forging.
- 6) May set up and operate machines to plane surfaces and edges of forging dies and be known as Edger Machine Setter.
Is being a "DIE SINKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DIE SINKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DIE SINKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DIE SINKER"
Job Number: 2888