Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up forging machines, such as forging presses, coining presses, drophammers, forging rolls, and upsetters, following blueprint, work order, and data-chart specifications, and using handtools and measuring instruments, such as rules, squares, and gauges: Aligns and bolts specified dies to ram and anvil of presses and hammers.
- 2) Installs impression and gripping dies and synchronizing cams on upsetting machines.
- 3) Sets and bolts roll dies into self-positioning slots or dogs on roll shafts of forging rolls.
- 4) Aligns and bolts positioning fixtures and stops, and turns handles or knobs to synchronize conveyor speed with forging-machining action and heating cycle of furnace.
- 5) Starts machine and inspects work to verify conformance of die setup to specifications.
- 6) May be designated according to machine set up as Drop Hammer Setter-Up; Forging Press Setter-Up; Upsetter Setter-Up.
Is being a "DIE SETTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DIE SETTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DIE SETTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DIE SETTER"
Job Number: 2886