"DIE MAKER, WIRE DRAWING"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Lays out, machines, and finishes metal, carbide, and diamond parts to make and repair wiredrawing dies, analyzing specifications and applying knowledge of metal properties, shop mathematics, and wiredrawing die construction: Studies specifications, such as blueprints, sketches, and standard charts, and visualizes shape of die.
- 2) Computes die dimensions and plans sequence of operations.
- 3) Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock to lay out for machining.
- 4) Polishes die bores by lapping manually or using die-finishing machines, applying progressively finer grades of diamond dust compound.
- 5) Inspects die for defects, such as cracks and scratches, using loupe or microscope.
- 6) Pulls wire or rod through die bore manually or using wiredrawing machine.
- 7) Measures wire or rod, using measuring instruments such as micrometer, vernier gauge, or protractor, to verify conformance of die bore to specifications.
- 8) May design and make tools, jigs, and fixtures.
- 9) May be designated according to type of die made or repaired as Carbide-Die Maker; Diamond-Die Maker.
Is being a "DIE MAKER, WIRE DRAWING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DIE MAKER, WIRE DRAWING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DIE MAKER, WIRE DRAWING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DIE MAKER, WIRE DRAWING"
Job Number: 2882