"DIE MAKER, STAMPING"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Lays out, machines, fits, assembles, and finishes metal castings and parts to make and repair stamping dies, analyzing specifications and applying knowledge of die design and construction: Studies blueprints of product and die, prototype products, and die models.
- 2) Visualizes structure and function of die and plans operations, applying knowledge of shop mathematics, machining and assembly methods, properties of sheet metal under pressure, and metal-forming presses.
- 3) Measures, marks, and scribes castings and stock for machining.
- 4) Sets up and operates machine tools, such as lathe, milling machine, radial drill press, shaper, and grinder, to machine parts to specifications, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- 5) May only repair dies and be designated Die Repairer, Stamping.
Is being a "DIE MAKER, STAMPING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DIE MAKER, STAMPING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DIE MAKER, STAMPING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DIE MAKER, STAMPING"
Job Number: 2880