"DIE MAKER, BENCH, STAMPING"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Lays out, fits, and assembles castings and metal parts to make and repair stamping dies, analyzing specifications according to knowledge of shop mathematics, die construction, and properties of sheet metal under pressure: Studies blueprints of die and product, die models, templates, and prototype parts and visualizes shape, mechanical structure, and operation of die.
- 2) Computes dimensions, plans machining, layout, and assembly operations.
- 3) Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining by other workers.
- 4) Operates drill press to drill and tap holes in parts for assembly.
- 5) Lifts machined parts manually or with hoist, and positions them for assembly on worktable or surface plate.
- 6) Smooths flat and contoured surfaces and fits parts to each other, using handtools, such as abrasive stones, files, and power grinder.
- 7) Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances, using dial indicators, gauge blocks, thickness gauges, and micrometers.
- 8) Dowels and bolts parts together, using handtools, such as hammers and wrenches.
- 9) Works to tolerances as close as 0.
- 11) May fit and assemble cam-operated mechanisms for lateral movement of part of die.
- 12) May connect wiring and hydraulic lines to install electric and hydraulic components.
- 13) May dismantle die and repair or replace parts.
- 14) May make multistation progressive dies and be designated Progressive-Die Maker.
Is being a "DIE MAKER, BENCH, STAMPING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DIE MAKER, BENCH, STAMPING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DIE MAKER, BENCH, STAMPING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DIE MAKER, BENCH, STAMPING"
Job Number: 2878