Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Grinds, files, sands, and polishes surfaces of metalworking die members to specified shape and smoothness and inspects dies for conformity to wood, plastic, or plaster die models or prototype parts: Lifts and positions die member on bench manually or with hoist.
- 2) Studies blueprints, die models, and prototype parts, and compares them with die member to ascertain contours.
- 3) Verifies dimensions and radii, using micrometers, dial indicators, and calipers.
- 4) Brushes blue pigment on ridged and grooved surface of rough-milled die member, and grinds down ridges with powered hand grinder until only traces of blue pigment remain.
- 5) Brushes contrasting pigments on die member and prototype part, die model, or corresponding die member, and presses them together, manually or with press.
- 6) Observes pattern of pigments where surfaces have made contact, and grinds and files high spots until die member conforms to specified contour.
- 7) Polishes die member, using hand stones.
- 8) Inspects smoothness and contour conformity visually and tactually.
- 9) May be designated according to part finished as Punch Finisher.
Is being a "DIE FINISHER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DIE FINISHER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DIE FINISHER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DIE FINISHER"
Job Number: 2874