Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates machine to cut out parts of specified size and shape from materials, such as cardboard, cloth, leather, mica, paper, plastic, or rubber: Places single or multiple layers of material on bed of machine.
- 2) Turns handwheel to raise or lower head of machine according to thickness of material or depth of die.
- 3) Positions one or more cutting dies on material or clamps dies to head of machine and positions material under dies to ensure maximum utilization of material.
- 4) Depresses pedal or moves lever to activate ram that forces die through material.
- 5) Removes cut parts from die or bed of machine.
- 6) Measures parts with rule or compares parts with standard to verify conformance to specifications.
- 7) Stacks parts in storage area according to size and shape.
- 8) May sharpen cutting edges of dies, using file or hone.
- 9) When operating machine to trim hat brims, is designated Rounding-Machine Operator.
- 10) May be designated according to type of die used as Adjustable-Die Cutter; Solid-Die Cutter; or according to part cut as Sole-Leather-Cutting-Machine Operator; Toppiece Cutter; Trimming Cutter.
- 11) May be designated: Beam-Press Operator; Box-Toe Cutter; Brim Cutter; Buckram Cutter; Cap-Parts Cutter; Double Cutter; Glove-Parts Cutter; Handbag-Parts Cutter; Hat-Parts Cutter; Heel-Lift-Beam Cutter; Helmet-Hat-Brim Cutter; Insole Cutter, Machine; Label Cutter; Leather-Novelty-Parts Cutter; Lining Cutter, Machine; Outsole Cutter, Machine; Shoe-Parts Cutter; Silk-Lining Cutter, Machine; Single-Beam Clicker; Sole-Cutting-Machine Operator; Top-Lift Cutter; Trimming Cutter, Machine; Twin-Beam Clicker; Upper Cutter, Machine.
Is being a "DIE CUTTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DIE CUTTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DIE CUTTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DIE CUTTER"
Job Number: 2872