"DIE-CASTING-MACHINE OPERATOR II"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends diecasting machine that casts parts, such as automobile trim, carburetor housings, and motor parts from nonferrous metals, such as zinc, aluminum, or magnesium: Turns valves to regulate flow of water circulating through dies.
- 2) Blows metal fragments from die surfaces, using airhose, and brushes lubricant over die cavity and plunger.
- 3) Ladles molten metal into chamber by hand when using cold chamber machine.
- 4) Pushes button to close and lock dies and activate plunger that forces molten metal into die cavities.
- 5) Removes casting after dies open automatically, using tongs or pliers.
- 6) Inspects casting for defects, such as cracks or bubbles.
- 7) May measure casting, using fixed gauges.
- 8) May dip castings in water to cool.
- 9) May regulate speed of machine.
Is being a "DIE-CASTING-MACHINE OPERATOR II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DIE-CASTING-MACHINE OPERATOR II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DIE-CASTING-MACHINE OPERATOR II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DIE-CASTING-MACHINE OPERATOR II"
Job Number: 2892