Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Positions and mounts industrial diamonds in tools used for dressing and truing I grinding wheels and for machining metal, according to type and size of tool by one of following methods: Places tools shank in press and moves controls to force diamond into shank.
- 2) Applies solder and flux around diamond and places tool into electric induction furnace for specified time to bond diamond to shank.
- 3) Inserts wire through hole in diamond and twists wire around pin on tool shank.
- 4) Positions mold around diamond and shank and pours molten metal into mold to cast tool containing diamond.
- 5) Presses powdered metal into mold around diamond on tool shank and places in sintering furnace for specified time to fabricate tool containing diamond.
- 6) Aligns and clamps diamond in tool shank.
- 7) Cleans joints of diamond and shank, using wire brush and cleaning solution.
- 8) Bonds shank and diamond together, using brazing alloy and acetylene hand torch.
Is being a "DIAMOND MOUNTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DIAMOND MOUNTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DIAMOND MOUNTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DIAMOND MOUNTER"
Job Number: 2859