Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Drills minute channels in industrial diamonds for use in wire-drawing dies, using drill, lathe, and handtools: Positions diamond in chuck of lathe equipped with diamond-charged wire or forms wax cup around diamond by hand, fills cup with diamond dust mixture, and inserts steel needle into lathe to act as drilling tool.
- 2) Regulates speed of revolutions and reciprocating action of drilling mechanism.
- 3) Advances cutting point of drill according to specifications covering depth and contour of channel, working to tolerance of 0.
- 5) Examines depth and shape of channel with microscope and regrinds point of drill.
- 6) Drills backout to prevent chipping surface of stone.
- 7) Laps inner wall of channel by means of machine that revolves stone as rotating wire or needle rocks back and forth in channel, working to hole diameter tolerance of 0.
- 9) Tests accuracy of die hole by pulling specified length of wire through die and measuring its resistance in Wheatstone bridge having readings translated into wire diameter or by taking a series of readings along length of wire with electronic micrometer.
- 10) Secures stone in metal mounting, using molten solder.
- 11) May drill cavity in face of stone to hold diamond dust mixture, by pressing pointed end of diamond chip against revolving stone, using pliers.
- 12) May be designated according to operation performed as Finisher, Fine-Diamond Dies.
Is being a "DIAMOND DRILLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DIAMOND DRILLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DIAMOND DRILLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DIAMOND DRILLER"
Job Number: 2857