Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Laps and polishes bores of diamond wire drawing dies to specified dimensions: Positions die in holding device of machine.
- 2) Inserts steel needle in machine spindle, positions needle inside bore of die and starts machine which rotates needle in bore.
- 3) Dabs progressively finer diamond-dust paste or solution on needle during lapping operation.
- 4) Pulls specified gauge wire through bore and measures wire with micrometer to verify bore dimension.
- 5) Inspects bore of die for cracks and other defects, using magnifying glass or microscope.
- 6) Replaces worn needles and sharpens points on grinder.
- 7) May insert and press hand lapping tool in bore of rotating die.
- 8) May drill initial bore, using diamond drills.
Is being a "DIAMOND-DIE POLISHER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DIAMOND-DIE POLISHER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DIAMOND-DIE POLISHER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DIAMOND-DIE POLISHER"
Job Number: 2862