Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends dewatering machines that filter moist solid aluminum hydroxide from coarse slurry: Turns valves to regulate flow of slurry and wash water to dewaterers and to admit solids to kilns, according to temperature readings, alumina-quality reports, and discharge rates given by KILN OPERATOR.
- 2) Adjusts valves to maintain supply of water for vacuum pumps, wash water, and water-cooled bearings.
- 3) Regulates valves in cooperation with other operators to obtain balancing levels in filtrate tanks, hydrate storage tanks, and hydrate storage overflow tanks.
- 4) Lubricates valves and adjusts packing glands to prevent leaks.
- 5) Changes automatic recording charts in machines.
- 6) Records tank levels and density readings of hydrate in log.
- 7) May tend dust-recovery system.
Is being a "DEWATERER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DEWATERER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DEWATERER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DEWATERER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 2844