Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Carries out investigations to prevent crimes or solve criminal cases: Investigates known or suspected criminals or facts of particular case to detect planned criminal activity or clues.
- 2) Frequents known haunts of criminals and becomes familiar with criminals to determine criminals' habits, associates, characteristics, aliases, and other personal information.
- 3) Records and reports such information to commanding officer.
- 4) Investigates crimes and questions witnesses.
- 5) Examines scene of crime to obtain clues and gather evidence.
- 6) Investigates suspected persons and reports progress of investigation.
- 7) Arrests or assists in arrest of criminals or suspects.
- 8) Prepares assigned cases for court, according to formalized procedures.
- 9) Testifies before court and grand jury.
- 10) May be designated according to nature of crime investigated as Detective, Automobile Section; Detective, Homicide Squad; according to rank as Detective Sergeant II; or according to administrative division to which assigned as Detective, Precinct; Detective, Youth Bureau.
Is being a "DETECTIVE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DETECTIVE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DETECTIVE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DETECTIVE"
Job Number: 2830