Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Directs and coordinates activities of detective squad engaged in investigation of criminal cases, such as auto theft, armed robbery, missing persons, homicide, vice, narcotics, fraud, and crimes involving youths: Assigns DETECTIVES to designated posts or criminal cases.
- 2) Reviews and submits reports of cases investigated to superiors.
- 3) Ensures that apprehended criminals are fingerprinted.
- 4) Directs photographing of crime scene, evidence, and suspects.
- 5) Submits record of suspicions along with statement of witnesses and informants to office of DISTRICT ATTORNEY for submission to MAGISTRATE to obtain search warrant necessary to raid premises suspected of housing illegal activities.
- 6) Conducts raids upon establishments suspected of violating such statutes as gambling or prostitution laws and oversees arrest of persons involved.
- 7) Details officers to public gatherings to protect public from pickpockets and other criminals.
- 8) May personally investigate criminal cases.
- 9) May be designated according to nature of crime investigated as Commanding Officer, Automobile Section; or according to rank as Detective Captain; Detective Lieutenant; Detective Sergeant I.
Is being a "DETECTIVE CHIEF" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DETECTIVE CHIEF" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DETECTIVE CHIEF"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DETECTIVE CHIEF"
Job Number: 2831