Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls equipment, such as vats, thionizer tower, absorbing tower, and autoclave, arranged in series to recover sulfur from coke-oven gas: Turns valve to admit coke-oven gas into absorbing tower.
- 2) Starts pumps that force solution containing arsenic compound and soda ash through tower.
- 3) Pumps resulting foul solution into thionizer tower, and admits compressed air to precipitate sulfur and form froth which overflows into tank.
- 4) Filters slurry, and washes salts from caked sulfur.
- 5) Melts sulfur in autoclave, and casts it into pans.
- 6) Determines alkalinity of absorbing solution by titration tests, and directs helper to add soda ash or arsenic compound.
- 7) Observes meters and gauges to control temperature of solution.
- 8) Punches dirt from holes in absorbing tower sprays with bar, and lubricates equipment.
Is being a "DESULFURIZER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DESULFURIZER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DESULFURIZER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DESULFURIZER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 2825