"DESIZING-MACHINE OPERATOR, HEAD-END"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends feed-end of range that removes size from cloth to increase affinity of cloth for dye: Weighs out desizing agent and mixes agent with water in mixing tank, following formula.
- 2) Turns valves to transfer solution from mixing tank to desizing tubs and to control steam for heating solution.
- 3) Positions truck of cloth at feed-end of machine, or mounts cloth roll onto brackets at scray.
- 4) Sews cloth end to leader in machine, using portable sewing machine.
- 5) Observes flow of cloth through machine to detect flaws, such as holes and torn selvages.
- 6) Cuts out flaws, using scissors, and sews cloth ends together.
- 7) Turns knob to adjust cloth guides and speed of range to accommodate changes in styles of cloth.
Is being a "DESIZING-MACHINE OPERATOR, HEAD-END" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DESIZING-MACHINE OPERATOR, HEAD-END" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DESIZING-MACHINE OPERATOR, HEAD-END"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DESIZING-MACHINE OPERATOR, HEAD-END"
Job Number: 2818