"DESIGNER AND PATTERNMAKER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Prepares master pattern of shoe upper design and cuts pattern into individual parts preparatory to making template: Pencils markings, such as cone, back seam, or shank edge onto sized wooden last.
- 2) Positions kraft paper on last and trims paper along markings, using knife or scissors.
- 3) Traces outline onto manila paper, cardboard, or pressboard, using cut form or last mold as pattern.
- 4) Draws details, such as stitching or ornamentation according to design specifications, using drafting instruments.
- 5) Cuts traced design into individual patterns of shoe parts, such as quarters, saddles, and vamps, using scissors or knife.
- 6) May compile manufacturing data from design specifications.
- 7) May prepare pattern template.
Is being a "DESIGNER AND PATTERNMAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DESIGNER AND PATTERNMAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DESIGNER AND PATTERNMAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DESIGNER AND PATTERNMAKER"
Job Number: 2817