"DERRICK WORKER, WELL SERVICE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates power hoist in truck-mounted, pulling-machine derrick to transfer rod sections to and from derrick racks to rod lifting clamps as sections are removed or returned to oil well: Climbs ladder attached to side of derrick to rod platform.
- 2) Presses rod hoist control pedal on rod platform to lower rod transfer device to proximity of rod sections suspended in derrick.
- 3) Attaches transfer device to rod sections and releases pedal to raise rod sections for disconnection of rod lifting clamp.
- 4) Unlatches lifting clamp and presses pedal to lower rod sections while manually guiding sections into rod holding slots attached to derrick.
- 5) Descends derrick ladder to tubing platform and fastens safety belt to prepare to transfer tubing sections.
- 6) Disconnects lifting clamp from tubing sections that have been raised into derrick, disconnected from subsequent sections in wellhole, and lowered onto ground racking board.
- 7) Guides tubing sections into slots of tubing rack to stand sections in derrick.
- 8) Guides tubing sections from tubing rack slots to tubing platform and attaches lifting clamp to sections after defective tubing is replaced, casing repaired, or other oil well service performed.
- 9) Aligns tubing sections perpendicularly over wellhole to assist in connection of tubing sections and prevent damage to threads of sections.
- 10) Unfastens safety belt and climbs ladder to rod platform to prepare to transfer rod sections.
- 11) Presses rod control pedal to lower rod transfer device to rods in holding slots.
- 12) Attaches device to rod sections and releases pedal to lift rod sections from holding slots.
- 13) Guides sections over wellhole and presses pedal to lower sections to wellhole for connection to rods in wellhole.
- 14) Connects lifting clamp to rod sections and disconnects transfer device.
- 15) Periodically turns adjustment screw on rod hoist control stand to regulate power of hoist.
- 16) Occasionally operates pump to circulate fluid or mud into wellhole.
- 17) Occasionally connects oil well head attachments, loads tools, and performs similar duties.
Is being a "DERRICK WORKER, WELL SERVICE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DERRICK WORKER, WELL SERVICE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DERRICK WORKER, WELL SERVICE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DERRICK WORKER, WELL SERVICE"
Job Number: 2804