"DEPUTY SHERIFF, CHIEF"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Directs and coordinates activities of county sheriff's department: Schedules work assignments and deployment of human resources in patrol division and transmits orders to subordinate officers for execution.
- 2) Supervises investigations of narcotics traffic and auto theft, evaluates progress with investigators, and plans actions, such as raids, surveillance, or arrests.
- 3) Issues funds to undercover operatives to buy information or contraband.
- 4) Advises subordinates of procedures required to secure search and bench warrants.
- 5) Reviews available evidence for suitability and consults with district attorney in preparation of grand jury cases.
- 6) Develops departmental procedures to serve as guidelines for proper conduct of patrol division activities, based on legal information and previous law enforcement experience.
- 7) Monitors effectiveness of procedures through follow-up with patrol officers.
- 8) Reviews daily patrol activity log prepared by subordinates.
- 9) Conducts meetings of patrol officers to evaluate operations and efficiency of squad members.
- 10) Investigates civilian complaints against division members and determines action to be taken based on evidence secured.
- 11) Disciplines division members for violation of intradepartmental rules and regulations.
- 12) Resolves personnel problems of division members or refers problems to supervisor if no solution is found.
- 13) Inspects firearms in division armory to ensure operational readiness.
- 14) Collects and analyzes data on division activities.
- 15) Prepares regular and supplemental budgets for division and submits to superior.
- 16) Requisitions equipment and services for division and assumes responsibility for receipt of items.
- 17) Writes reports concerning division activities and submits to sheriff.
- 18) Addresses civic and educational groups on law enforcement subjects.
- 19) Conducts training sessions in police training school and within division and assumes field command of division during emergency operations.
Is being a "DEPUTY SHERIFF, CHIEF" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DEPUTY SHERIFF, CHIEF" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DEPUTY SHERIFF, CHIEF"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DEPUTY SHERIFF, CHIEF"
Job Number: 2795